Wednesday, February 25, 2009

concerns

What is stressing me out on this specific moment is that i do not think my topic is debatle enough. My topic is how people were affected by B.M. And obviously bernanrd madoff financially hurt a lot of people. Also, i am not sure what type of argument can be used for this specific topic. I am worried because i think my topic is too narrow. I am not sure if i can cover 8 pages on this specific topic.


sources:
1) High-tec execs: This can be qualified as a primary source. This is a good source because exposes people who actually got financially hit by bernard madoff's ponzi scheme. I chose this source because it perfectly adresses my topic on how people were affected by B.M.

2) NYU loses 24 million: I feel good about this source because it also qualifies as a primary source. Ichose this source because it directly talks about a university that had accounts with bernard madoff and lost 24 million dollars. Also, it give names of other universities that lost money as well. The ocontext is very interesting because it was very direct and well presented.

3) Dealers among alleged madoff victimes: This is a good source that also exposes people who were affected by this ponzi scheme. I chose this source because it is directly related with my topic since ittalks about madoff and how well known names in the auto retailing industry got financially hurt with this ponzi scheme.

2 comments:

  1. The last sources I am not really familiar with but It still seems like a primary source from the way you described it. They all also seem relevant to the topic at hand.

    I think a lot of arguments can be made aobut this topic. You can argue a lot about how he hurt people, why, and how it has affected the US as a whole.

    the controlling idea is how B.M. and his sceme to get money from innocent people.

    I think there is a lot that can be further explored. As you said in class today BM didn't start off a scemer so explore how he turned, and why? Did something happen in his life to make him more greedy or is that just a side affect of power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Questions: Are these primary sources? Do they provide correct information or useful information about your topic?
    Concerns: Your approach to your topic/paper...
    Controlling Idea: How Madoff's ponzi scheme has affected the US auto industry, and in turn the economy
    Suggestion: Decide how you want to approach the information...like do you want to mention how Madoff broke into the industry, made a name for himself, and then screwed everyone over...or do you want to go right to the issues at hand

    ReplyDelete