Wednesday, February 4, 2009

observing my space

On monday, I spent four hours at the library studying for a conversational statistics exam. As a studied, i noticed that the place was very quiet and peaceful. I then began to evaluate the importance of this silence. When I finished the second chapter I took a break and walked through the quiet section of the quiet section. I found that not everyone was busy studying as I thought people would be. Instead I found people writing emails, listening to music and resting. Then I thought to myself that the library is more than a place to study. In fact, it is a place to relax and have some alone time in a quiet space. Then I came back on tuesday and spent some alone time. I had a good time to reflect and get away from some problems that have been eating my mind. I also had some time to do my homework. At the library, I feel in my personal sanctuary. 

1 comment:

  1. Great observations, it seems the library has become a haven for some people. I personally dont use the library too much because of the distractions it holds. You should mention these in your paper, but also the positive things the library has as well. It seems like you will have a great personal aspect/point of view within this paper.

    ReplyDelete