Wednesday, April 8, 2009

op ed prewriting

I read an op ed that was written by a former alcoholic and his experiences as an alcoholic and the hard times he has had on building a new life now that he is sober. The article is written to alcoholics or former alcoholics so they can reflect on whether their behavior is similar or appropriate. At the end, I read most of the comments posted by people who read the article. And it is incredible how most of them where familiarized with the feeling of relapse and alcoholism. This is not an op ed from my chosen venue because I could not find an op ed in el Panama America.

A good issue I can discuss in my op ed is why did panama let go david Murcia so easily. Without making a trial or asking how did he do that and who were the ones involved with him. Supposedly he donated money to a presidential candidates campaign. So, it makes no sense that the Panamanian government did not ask more questions or made him confess who worked with him in the government.

Well the only thing that can be done to address this issue is to go to Colombia to interrogate this money launder lord. This is the only way to get the information the Panamanian governments needs. Or ask the president of Colombia to extradit David Murcia to the united states where he can be trialed and interrogated as it should be.

What will work the most for me to make this op ed a good one good representation of ethos and logos. Good facts about the situation will be key for my oped to be effective and informative about the situation. I will have to make some research on the topic but the article is good enough fo me to respond to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment