Wednesday, April 1, 2009

editors letter first draft

As a Panamanian, I get offended when I read an article for a major newspaper that lacks info and has grammatical mistakes.  The article has valuable facts that inform the reader of a recent and interesting event to the community. But I believe that it was lacking background information. If I were not informed about the issue before reading the article, it would have been difficult if not impossible for me to understand what Santiago Cumbrera wrote on “ La Ruta del Dinero de los Clientes de DMG”.  My intention is not to attack Santiago personally, but the article is missing valuable info such as who is David Murcia and what is DMG.  Since I am 100 % percent Panamanian, I feel bad about the way this article was written. This is a very serious issue because David Murcia, a Colombian, made lots of middle to high class people lose colossal amounts of money while he was living the good life in my country.

            What I liked about the article is that good facts that I did not know beforehand were included. For example, I did not know that Murcia promised their clients a credit card with unlimited credit for spending.  Moreover, I did not know that the money first went to national banks then transferred to the U.S and then to Belize.  I have to credit that that the article included these good facts that I would have not known without taking the time to read the article. If I was not Panamanian or a person interested in the issue, it would have been imposible to understand these facts without some background info explaining the issue beforehand. 

 

 

Author’s notes:

 

This is my first draft for this assignment. I am not sure if I am on the right track. I think I sound like if  I was attacking the writer and I am not sure If I am on the right track. Please let me know what you think as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment